What is U8 (Under 8)?
Who are the coaches?
How competitive is it?
What's the schedule like for Boys / Girls? Day & time?
How much "travel" is involved?
· A typical season will include playing half the games at Maynard and half the games against our opponents at Hudson.
When will the fall season start?
· Games will start on 9/10/16
· Typically, practices for U8 will start the week after school starts, this year on 9/9/16
How many per side?
· For the fall 2016 season, it will be 6v6 for U8 (5 field players + a goalie).
· This may change to in the future to align with US Soccer changes.
Any field or laws changes?
· No field size changes
· May not get a 2nd chance on foul throws.
How long are the games?
· The games are 4 - 12 minute quarters with a 5 – 10 minute halftime. (Coaches can request a very quick water break on hot days)
What do I need for equipment?
· Shin guards are a requirement. Players will not be allowed to practice or play in games without them.
· Shin guards must be worn under socks.
· Soccer cleats are optional but recommended.U8 will be leveraging a size 3 soccer ball
Current schedule can be found here: U8 boys and girls schedule
About Us >