What is U8 (Under 8)?
Who are the coaches?
How competitive is it?
What's the schedule like for Boys / Girls? Day & time?
How much "travel" is involved?
· A typical season will include playing half the games at Maynard and half the games against our opponents at Hudson.
When will the spring season start?
· Games will start on 4/1/17
· Typically, practices for U8 will start the week before games begin. Coaches will contact you with practice info as soon as the fields have been opened by the town of Maynard for recreational use.
How many per side?
· For the spring 2017 season, it will be 6v6 for U8 (5 field players + a goalie).
· This may change to in the future to align with US Soccer changes.
Any field or laws changes?
· No field size changes
· May not get a 2nd chance on foul throws.
How long are the games?
· The games are 4 - 12 minute quarters with a 5 – 10 minute halftime. (Coaches can request a very quick water break on hot days)
What do I need for equipment?
· Shin guards are a requirement. Players will not be allowed to practice or play in games without them.
· Shin guards must be worn under socks.
· Soccer cleats are optional but recommended.U8 will be leveraging a size 3 soccer ball
Current schedule can be found here: U8 boys and girls schedule
About Us >