What is Tiger Cubs?
- Tiger Cubs is a non-competitive entry level soccer division which participates in, and follows all guidelines and bylaws of Maynard Youth Soccer.
- Participation is open to all Kindergarten and First Grade aged students.
Who is eligible?
- The eligibility guidelines for participation are the same for eligibility for Kindergarten, meaning the participant must be 5 years old by September 1 st of the current year to be eligible.
Who are the coaches?
- An outside soccer organization (currently Challenger Sports) provides Tiger cubs with a small group of paid coaches and lesson plans.
- Parent volunteer coaches are also utilized, and work directly with the Challenger Sports coaches.
How competitive is it?
- The main goal for Tiger Cubs is to teach the kids the basic skills of soccer in fun and engaging methods. At this age it is important to incorporate not only some basic soccer skills, but also basic social interaction
- Final Score is never recorded, and the most important thing is that ALL PARTICIPANTS have the most fun possible.
How long is the season, when does it start?
- Tiger Cubs utilizes an 8 week session schedule that runs on Saturday mornings (Fall & Spring) from 9:00am to 10:15am at the Fowler Middle School.
If a session is ever cancelled due to
permitting during the fall season.)
inclement weather, the session is moved to the end of the season if possible. (Weather
- It usually starts the same week as U10 and up (1st week of April in Spring, last week of August in Fall)